WEEKLY REFLECTION (JAN 9- 13, 2023)

The second week of the teaching practice was fully equipped with both academic and non-academic activities. In this week, I completed 5 lesson plans. Altogether I wrapped up 10 lesson plans. All the classes were activity based. I performed the classroom activities like notice preparation, poster making, news report, conversation etc.. Students are extremely active and power packed. They actively response in the classes. They usually seek for activities. 

The school conduct assembly on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. All classes take their turn in organizing the assembly. They innovatively put forward many ideas to make the assembly more interesting. Most of the students are talented and they don't have stage fear. The school assembled PTA meeting for 8,9 and 10th classes on this week. The teachers ensured that every parents have attended the meeting. On Wednesday's assembly, the school inaugurated Agriculture Club. Two teachers were assigned as the head of the club and 200 students were enrolled in this club. Vaccination for 15 year students were carried out in school on Thursday and it went smoothly. The school also arranged a counselling session for 9th and 10th standard students on Friday. It was a thought provoking and motivation class for them.

On Thursday, my optional teacher Ms. Harsha came to assess my classes. I took the first hour and dealt with the poem 'A Prayer in Spring'. I was prepared and planned to take the class. I used teaching aids as chart paper, PPT slides and activity cards. I followed the teaching steps according to the lesson plan. I assigned the activity of poster making by dividing the whole class into 4 groups. Students enthusiastically participated in the activity. After the class, teacher reviewed my class. She pointed out both positive and negative aspects. The introduction, entry activity etc.. were good. I followed a good sequential pattern in maintaining class, effective learner response etc.. Teacher suggested some areas to improve like reducing my speed, usage of blackboard, giving individual attention to students, asking particular questions etc. Such a reviewing session was indeed helpful for me to improve the quality of my teaching style in upcoming days.

On Saturday, we assembled in our college to present the reflective session about the teaching experience of the week. All students were not present. Most of the schools talked about their experience in the past week. They incorporated in programs like JRC first aid class, mid day meal program, conducting assembly, substitution hours etc.. It was a nice session to hear out the experience of our classmates teaching experience. The entire week was engaged and productive. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEKLY REFLECTION (JULY 3-7, 2023)

INNOVATIVE WORK

WEEKLY REFLECTION ( JULY 17- 21, 2023)