TEACHING PRACTICE: DAY 1

 As part of B.ed curriculum, student trainees have to undergo a phase of teaching practice at schools for two months. Today was the first day of teaching practice. I am doing teaching practice at Vivekananda H S for Girls, Kadampanad along with three other teacher trainees. I am dealing with the subject English. We reached on time at school. We attended the morning assembly. As today was celebrated as Children's Day, the assembly was conducted in accordance with the importance of the day. The beginning was fresh and colorful.

My assigned class was 9.A. In the first period itself, I got a chance to interact with my students under substitution. I made a good rapport with them. They all are vibrant and responsive to me. They enquired about my personal details, it was actually fun. Later, I got 5th period to take my first class. I started my first class with the prose: The Last Leaf by O. Henry. I strictly followed the steps in lesson plan. In order to draw the attention of students, I used various teaching aids. I used ICT to present the glossary. After the explanation of passage, I presented two charts for doing activities. First activity was a route map and students actively wrote answers in the space provided. Second activity was a profile writing. Due to the time limit, I gave it as a homework. The highlight of my class was the students were extremely interactive and supportive.

I personally enjoyed my first day itself. As a teacher trainee it was a great experience for me. Both students and teachers were supportive. They welcomed us with their wholehearted. While I was taking class, one student from other class asked me to take a look at their class, as their teacher was absent. They all are simply talking. In order to calm down the noise, I assigned them a task of writing a friendship card. Then, I went to my class and continued the session. At the last hour, those students came and gave me their works. I was totally surprised as I never thought that they will do it. At that moment, I felt the rhythm of a teacher. One of the student wrote friendship card to me, that was super cool. Altogether, the day was beautiful and full of happiness.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEKLY REFLECTION (JULY 3-7, 2023)

INNOVATIVE WORK

WEEKLY REFLECTION ( JULY 17- 21, 2023)